Submitting a Member Recommendation Form is just one of the many ways you can help a chapter during recruitment. Information provided by alumnae and other members of Alpha Xi Delta help chapters recognize Alpha Xi Delta legacies and select strong women for membership in our organization. If you know an outstanding young woman who will be going through recruitment this year, please fill out the online form on the National Fraternity’s website, or you can download the form here and email it to email@example.com.
If you choose to download the form and fill it out, please make sure you have the newest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can obtain this for free at www.adobe.com/reader. If you don’t update to the newest version of Adobe Reader, you may not be able to save the information you type onto the form.
- SMILE- it’s the easiest way to win people over
- Be yourself- many questions will be asked about you and your hobbies so impress us by telling us what YOU like. Make sure to talk to the girls as your friend but don’t cross the line.
- Be Confident!
- Keep your head up- many girls find recruitment to be exhausting and challenging but push through because you are about to find your home with a ton of other sisters who love you and cant wait to get to know you
- Be prepared- make sure you get a lot of sleep, you stay organized and on time, and bring anything with you throughout the week that you feel you might need (i.e. water bottles, chap stick, lipstick, snacks, compact, etc…)
- Ask the right questions!
- Learn about the chapters, their core values, interests, goals, etc.
- Try not to go into recruitment with thoughts that you already have your heart set on one particular chapter
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Focus on who you met at each chapter
- Don’t feed into the rumors because they usually are NOT true